Communications & Marketing Coordinator
The Alzheimer's Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) is dedicated to accelerating the discovery of drugs to prevent, treat and cure Alzheimer's disease by supporting scientists around the globe. The ADDF is the only public charity solely focused on funding the development of drugs for Alzheimer's, employing a venture philanthropy model to support research in academia and the biotech industry.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will work under the direction of the Director of Communications and Marketing to advance and support the organization’s strategic goals, brand, reputation, and leadership. This person will be responsible for supporting the Communications team’s overall department duties, including executing strategic communications plans, with an emphasis on media relations/outreach, social media monitoring, website management, and content creation. This position will oversee the editorial calendar and ensure all projects and timelines are met in a timely fashion. The job requires proven communications/public relations skills, digital and social med experience, as well as diplomacy, collaboration and creative leadership in coordinating with internal and external constituents.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the director and manager to execute strategic communication plans and to help define the brand narrative and messaging.
- Manage the editorial calendar to ensure awareness of the projected communications plan for the year ahead. Provide regular status reports, timelines and delivery calendars, reports to key stakeholders.
- Monitor media and social media coverage for news pertinent to the ADDF mission and keep leadership/directors appropriately informed.
- Maintain visibility among targeted audiences by assisting in stakeholder engagement, managing the organizations social media calendar, and social media handles.
- Generate meaningful media metrics to measure progress towards specific targets; logging/keeping track of monthly media placements and social media highlights.
- Manage PR newswire services/distribution; research and interface vendors.
- Content development, including story generation and content creation (web/collateral), editing/proofreading, photo/video procurement, working with vendors, and working with web services for online publishing and distribution.
- Create electronic publications (e.g., newsletters) and e-blasts (e.g. grants and other announcements).
- Nurture a high-quality relationship with in-house teams/departments and external consultants to provide them with guidance, leadership and inspiration.
- Attend/report on donor/special events (e.g. generating social media and tools for other communications channels).
- Coordinate media interviews, help prepare spokespersons; build and maintain media lists.
- Oversee special projects as assigned and performing other related duties.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 1-3 years of communications, marketing or public relations experience.
- BA degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A self-starter with the ability to execute simultaneously on multiple projects with tight deadlines and prioritize the workload.
- Demonstrated research skills, attention to detail, and diligence at copyediting and fact checking
- Background in healthcare communications/public relations/foundation or public relations agency preferred, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships across departments; customer centric.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Experience with PR tools (PR Newswire, Cision, etc.) a plus.
- Will require some evening and weekend work.
- Local travel within NYC for meetings and special events required.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume including salary requirements to email@example.com and include “ADDF Communications Coordinator” in the subject of the email.
No phone calls, please, and only resumes with accompanying cover letters will be considered
ADDF does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity employer.