Office Manager and Receptionist
Founded in 1998 by Leonard A. Lauder and Ronald S. Lauder, the Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) was one of the first charities to adopt the venture philanthropy model. Our mission is to rapidly accelerate the discovery of drugs to prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. We are the only charity focused solely on supporting new drugs for Alzheimer’s.
The ADDF is seeking to hire an Office Manager and Receptionist to support a fast-paced and progressive organization of twenty-five employees. As the front face when entering the office, the ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and a friendly yet professional demeanor. This role also provides operations support requiring a proactive self-starter with excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for all front desk receptionist duties, to include setting a welcoming and professional tone greeting guests and answering incoming calls
- Manage and oversee all aspects of facilities, including but not limited to vendor management, IT needs, office supply replenishment, general officewide communications, file archiving, upkeep and maintenance of office and kitchen, workstation assignment
- Oversee all office management activities, including but not limited to managing internal shared calendar, receiving and distributing mail, monitoring shared email inboxes, conference room scheduling and room set-up, procuring refreshments for monthly staff appreciation and working meetings, supporting coordination of new hire onboarding
- Pro-actively identifies opportunities to innovate, optimize and/or streamline processes on an ongoing basis
- Provide administrative support to the Executive team as needed
- Volunteer and work ADDF organized donor events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Core Competency Requirements
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in reception and operations role
- Capable of handling multiple priorities and staying calm under pressure
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Office Manager and Receptions” in the subject of the email.
No phone calls, please, and only resumes with accompanying cover letters will be considered
ADDF does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity employer.