Part-Time Contracts Administrator
The Alzheimer's Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1998 by co-chairmen Leonard A. Lauder and Ronald S. Lauder of the Estée Lauder Companies cosmetics family and led by Dr. Howard Fillit, a geriatrician and neuroscientist. The ADDF provides funding to scientists who are conducting innovative and promising Alzheimer's disease research worldwide. By supporting research projects around the world, it seeks to increase the chances of finding treatments for Alzheimer's disease, related dementias, and cognitive aging.
The ADDF is seeking a Part-Time Contracts Administrator for an initial one-year assignment. Reporting to the Director, Grants and Mission-Related Investments, the Contracts Administrator will provide critical administrative and operational support to the Grants team. Specifically, this position will be responsible for coordinating the ADDF’s contracting process, following a venture philanthropy model of grantmaking, and assisting with other aspects of the organization’s grants management processes as needed. This person will be a highly motivated and resourceful self-starter who can work well with multiple deadlines and priorities.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the contract negotiation, execution process, and monitoring of multi-year, complex contracts.
- Facilitate the negotiation of agreements with convertible promissory note, equity purchase, and/or other ad-hoc contracting instruments relevant in constructing mission-related investments with biotechnology companies.
- Facilitate the negotiation of agreements with royalty terms for licensing of technology with technology transfer offices at academic institutions.
- Engage principal investigators throughout the contract negotiation process to ensure timely review of contract terms.
- Set deadlines and goals for bringing contracts through to execution in a timely manner.
- Schedule phone calls and meetings as needed to discuss contract terms and proposed revisions.
- Track assigned contracts and provide negotiation updates to relevant teams as requested.
- Prepare all agreements for execution following institutional policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BA required.
- 3+ years of related experience, including grants and contracts negotiation and administration.
- Experience working with biotechnology companies (large and small) and/or with technology transfer offices at academic institutions a plus.
- Ability to manage a large, complex workflow with multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to apply sound judgment in the contract review process.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work productively both independently and as part of team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to report data using Excel.
- Background in life sciences and/or financing a plus.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume including salary requirements to email@example.com and include “Part-Time Contracts Administrator” in the subject of the email.
No phone calls, please, and only resumes with accompanying cover letters will be considered
ADDF does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity employer.