ADDF-Harrington Scholar Program: Application Instructions
Before Getting Started
- Review the ADDF-Harrington Scholar Program RFP.
- It is highly recommended that you access the ADDF Funding Portal to begin the application process well in advance of any deadlines. Please note, new applicants should allow 1-2 business days for registration.
- Read the Application and Funding Policies.
- For the full proposal stage in Step 2, review the Body of the Application instructions for full proposal requirements.
Submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) through the ADDF Funding Portal.
- Fill in contact and project information (e.g. title, duration, amount requested).
- Complete more in-depth project details as follows:
- Novelty and Rationale (300 words maximum)
- Disease Target or Pathway (300 words maximum)
- Specific Aims (300 words maximum)
- Summary of Key Supporting Data (300 words maximum)
- Intellectual Property Summary (300 words maximum)
- Industry Relationships Related to the Project (250 words maximum)
- Required for resubmissions only: you will be asked to attach a written point-by-point response to each of the reviewers' comments and upload as "Applicant Response to Reviewers."
After your LOI is submitted, it will be reviewed to evaluate whether the proposed project is consistent with the mission and funding priorities for the ADDF-Harrington RFP. Only invited full proposals will be accepted.
If invited, submit a full proposal through the ADDF Funding Portal.
Information you submitted with your LOI will carry over to the full proposal. This information can be edited or expanded upon at this stage.
In addition to these auto-filled sections, you will be asked to write an Executive Lay Summary (300 words maximum) and Biographical Summary for the Principal Investigator (300 words maximum). The remainder of the application is as follows:
- Body of the Application: Review the instructions for the required sections and forms for the Body of the Application. Compile the four sections below into a single PDF and upload as "Body of the Application."
- Supplemental Materials: Compile any supplemental materials into a single PDF and upload as "Supplemental Materials." These materials can include the below.
- Quotes from vendors or contract research organizations (CROs). Please include competitive quotes from more than one vendor where possible. Visit ADDF ACCESS to work directly with a concierge who can help you obtain competitive quotes from quality vendors.
- Letters of support/collaboration.
- Figures that cannot be embedded into the body of the application but are directly relevant to the application and may be helpful to the review committee.
Limit the number of additional attachments included in the Supplemental Packet. You may also include unpublished manuscripts. Publications and patents that are openly available online should be linked in lieu of attaching the full files. Do not include presentation decks or full patents.
ADDF FUNDING PORTAL
If you have any questions about the online application system or process, please contact the Grants and Mission-Related Investments Team at email@example.com.